Change University after VISA

Home Forums General Help Change University after VISA

Viewing 43 reply threads
  • Author
      Saleem Muneeb

Hey I got my VISA. But I have a question. Can I change my University after getting VISA.

Situation is like that, I applied VISA on University A admission letter and I got my VISA with University Name and City written in Remarks section. Now I got admission letter of University B (which is in different city, same course but city is different). Because University B ranking is better and courses are better I would like to go to University B now but my Study Visa has University A mentioned on it. Can I change university now?

admin
      Keymaster

Dear Saleem ,

Yes fore sure. Just goto the new town where your university is in , Enroll in the course and do all the other stuff as you would do in the first university’s town.

Regards
      Admin

PS: if you contact the embassy , they will tell you that your visa is valid for the university only , but when you come to germany you can goto any university you want. Many students do it and there has never been a problem.

SMH

Hi,
      I got accepted in TU Ilmenau and appeared for visa interview. After interview I got accepted in TU Kaiserslautern. I was misguided and I informed the embassy of my change in university. They, as is mentioned on this site, asked me to send a new application.

There are no appointments available now. What should I do.

I need to rectify this mistake some how.

admin
        Keymaster

Hi SMH ,

Did they cancelled your old application?

regards

Mohamed M

Hello Saleem

I have the same issue. Could you please tell me did it work for you?
      Appreciate if you can please help me.

Siva

Hi..

I applied for VISA using admission from Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt for summer semester. But I was late to apply and my visa may arrive just a day before the date of registration.

In this scenario, If I get some other admit for winter semester, from some other university, should I apply for visa again.?

PS: Summer visa will be invalid in 3 months

Thank you in advance

Regards
      Siva

ben

PLease guide me on getting admission in Hochschule ingolstadt. Is is difficult to get admission in it? and what was you CGPA in college. Totally appreciate your help.
        Thank you

admin
      Keymaster

Hello,

One day before the registration looks okay , talk to your university if they can extend the registration date.

If that doesnt work out , yeah must apply for a new visa.

Cheers
      Admin

EL

Hi, I have the same problem, I m going to apply using university A because the admission of university B didn t reach me yet, can I straight away go to the university B when I reach Germany, wouldn’t I have problems with the foreign office while applying for permanent visa, since they specify the university A location on the temporary visa?

thank you in advance for your help

ALi

Hello
      I came to Germany as PhD Student of FU Berlin. (the name of University mentioned in my Visa) unfortunately the Promotion process went wrong and they didnt accept my Promotion Process. in this case they tell me (gave me an official Letter) that I can change my University and go to other town.

Because my registration in FU was not Complete I cant get resident Permission in Berlin.
      Now I register in University B and the gave my doc to immigration office for renew my Visa
      They tell me maybe I should come back to my Country and try to get a VISA for University B from the first time because.

Is there any chance that I can correct My VISA in immigration office B??

did anybody face to this problem.?

I just have official letter from uni A that show they tell me that I can change my Uni.
      both position is PhD position.

Please let me know about the process?

admin
      Keymaster

What is town A and town B?

Do you have admission letter for both universities? Are they fully funded? are you applying for student visa or work/ research?

Narendra

Hi..

I applied for VISA using admission from Magdeburg university for summer semester. But I was late to apply my visa and I got it but stamping is still going on .

In this scenario, If I get some other admit for same semester, from some other university, should I apply for visa again or can I change my university ???

Saman

Hello,
      I have a question about changing the university. I had a visa and admission from TU Chemnitz, because of timing I enrolled at Magdeburg University and I am studying my first semester here and also I got the residence permit in my passport with 1-year validation. Also, I have an admission from Paderborn University for winter semester.

Now the question is, I wanna go to Paderborn, Can I change my university without any problem with residence permit?

Best

admin
      Keymaster

Hi Saman,

Normally this shouldnt be a problem as long as you have a valid admission in a university. But to be on a safe side , prolly in the new city , ask your auslanderbehorde. But i dont think it should be a problem!

cheers
      admin

Ram

May I know the reason to move to Paderborn University? As I got the admit there. Also, what is your current update on the query you asked – it would be a great help

Shresha

Hello,
      I have already applied for a visa and currently waiting for my results but today I got information from the university, I was going to stating that the subject I have applied to is no longer on their course of study due to insufficient enrollment of students. So,if I happen to get a visa will it be a invalid visa?

ANURAAG SHARMA THOTAPALLY

Hi,

My friend applied for visa using university A and got rejected. Now he is applying for visa using university B admit but he is very much interested in university A.

If he gets visa for university B, can he directly go to university A??

thanks in advance.

admin
        Keymaster

normally it should be possible but the correct way is to apply for the university and for the same visa where he is interested to go!

Romil Mewada

Hello,

I had applied for a course M.A transport & logistic to IUBH, Bad Honnef Germany. Now my course already started on 11th September & they gave me a extension till 29th September. But I haven’t received my visa yet. Now they have a Pre-masters course starting from November in the same college and the next intake for M.A transport & logistics start from March 2018. So if I get my visa now, can I go & attent the 6 months pre masters course and then enroll for March 2018 intake on the same visa? Will I face any issue while applying for the permit?

admin
      Keymaster

your visa is valid only for the course for which you applied foR!..

for further clarifications , please contact embassy / consulate!

Confusedstudent

Dear admin

I have recently enrolled in University A, and I got a residence permit for the duration of my studies. I am enrolled in the first-semester which ends in March. However, due to lack of quality, I am planning to change to another university which starts in September. Is there any problem in staying in Germany during that period of time (April-August) where I would not have class?

Hope to hear back

admin
        Keymaster

Hello,

If you keep enrolled in your university, the visa shouldnt be a problem. If you dont have any enrollment , hence your purpose of stay is not valid anymore.

regards
        Admin

nina

Hello,
      I went to interview in German embassy and I gave pre register THM university. Now I recieved siegen university acceptance letter. How can I replace it by THM univeraity ? Do they change it ?If they don’t accept it can I submit in new university after getting my student visa ?
      Thanks

admin
        Keymaster

Hi what is what pre-register?

Normally if you ask embassy that you wish to goto a university othen the one you applied or , they ask you to apply for a new visa.

Many students change the university after coming to Germany and usually there are no problems involved if you have a valid admission!

Its upto you !

Rida

Hey! I applied for my visa through wildau institude but by the time the visa arrived the deadline had passed so i changed my institude and university. So is there going to be any issue with immigration at the german airport once i get there. And if yes than what am i supposed to do now?

admin
        Keymaster

Hello Rida,

Normally it shouldnt be an issue. They dont ask too many questions. But if it they do ask, just show the new admission letter. Hopefully it should be okay

Cheers

NOTE: Please note our replies dont hold any legal ground!

Rohit Dogra

Hello
      I want to know that i got admission in iubh bad honnef. And i got visa can i change my university after reaching germany

admin
        Keymaster

Hi,

Normally students have done it , hope it would be okay!

Sanjeev kumar aneja

I am new student of iubh (Berlin)in master in international management.after 4 or 5 month i can change my college and course. If yes . Please tell me how i should do. What i need for that. I m waiting your reply at my email address which is sanju.aneja786@gmail.com
      Thank you

Joy

Is there a number of maximum semesters where after one cannot change course or is there not?
      beacause i am studying Engineering in Duisburg/Essen but i would like to study Dentistry. I am still enrolled in Duisburg/Essen because am working on DSH test and am not taking any classes this semster?

admin
        Keymaster

Well, you must have a valid reason for holding a visa and staying in germany. it is normal that after sometime on renewals the ABH asks about the progress of your study and evaluate if you are doing okay to finish them in a considerate time,

Sanjeev

Hello sir
      I am student of iubh in pre master course in Germany berlin but I want to enroll German language course. Can I change my visa . Please help me.
      Thanks

Bilal zaib

I am new student in iubh.but now i want to change university.i have received admission letter from public university.can i change the university?
      I sighned a one year contract with university.can i cancel it before one year?
      I want to deregistration from iubh.can you help me how i can do it?

Rijan Kharal

Hi,

I got my visa today. i applied for course A and course B in the same university and i got the acceptance letter for both course. But, I applied for my visa using course A.

But, I want to study subject B in the same university.Is it possible?

admin
        Keymaster

Hopefully that shouldn’t be a problem..

Ashish Aher

Hello guys,
      I got admitted to A university for IBE course, after getting my visa stampe i get to know that my campus is different and i have applied for another campus.Now my course n university is same but campus n city change. Is there is any problem with visa then?

admin
        Keymaster

Hi Normally it shouldnt be a problem.

Our suggestion doesnt hold any legal ground though!

gagandeep singh tur

i got visa , i am in german , i am indian student and doing germany level A2 to C1. my university offer letter study in germany . but i do want english . but i have not ielts or toefl. can i change the university include my study language in english without any ielts or toefl requirement . thanks

admin
        Keymaster

ask the concerned university there is no general rule

Irene

Hello admin,
      I would ask about university change, but in my case it is different than the others. I applied my visa with Zulassung from Hocschule Fulda, but then decided to study in Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe. I know it should be no problem with the Ausländerbehörde in Lippe, but they refused to change (or take care of) my visa, because my visa states ‘gültig nur zum Studium an der Hochschule Fulda’.
      Do you have any solutions?
      Thank you in advance :)

Herman

Hi, Im in desperate need of advise, and cant find any information. Maybe you could give me something
      Situation: I got admitted in university A for the program bioengineering bachelor and got visa for it stating the name and course program in 2017. I also got the residency permit from the city A. Now starting my 4th semester at this uni. The thing is that I found a Master program “pharmaceutical research” that I really like (I already have university diploma from my home country). It is in much better city and university and its Masters which is obviously better than Bachelor. I dont know if they accepted me yet but there is a chance. In that case Im not sure what should I do with my residency permit situation and if such transition is possible at all. I would really appreciate any information or advice. Thank you!

Gurpinder

Dear sir, i have got visa for germany university A but i want to go university B which is located in different city but university A city mention on visa can i go direct university B i hace also admission uni B ..Please sir guide me thanxx

Sharada

Hi,

I have completed my Masters in India and now I’m pursuing my second masters in Germany. I am in my second semester and I have applied for a PhD program which I have higher chances of getting in based on my first Masters degree. Can I change my Student VISA which has my Masters course and university to a VISA that is for PhD (Work VISA) and How?

Gohith Kanchinatham

Hello all,

I have a firing doubt regarding change of college after getting visa.

Right now I have admission offer from a good college in Germany and I am going to apply visa with that(due to shortage of time remaining). But I am also waiting for another college admission result.

Will be there any problem if I enroll in other college than I mentioned during German student visa ?

Jasvir

Hi dear
      I come in Germany in August 2020 in private university for one year MBA due to heavy fees of that course I didn’t enrolled in that university and applied in public university for summer intake now I got an offer letter from university public university in a bachelor degree program. Program is not relevant to my previous study in this condition foreign office give me further visa as my current visa will expire in June. Please let me know do I take this risk or not?

Phyu

Hello. I got an admission from Hochschule Darmstadt. I applied to other universities too but the deadlines are late so I haven’t got replied from any universities. I am from Myanmar and my country’s situation isn’t getting better so I would like to apply for the visa early. Hochschule Darmstadt is not my first priority and when I asked for advice from others, I can only change the university after I attended a semester from the university which is I applied to get the visa, and only after that I get to transfer to the other university.

But some people said that I can directly go to another university’s city and after doing paperwork for city registration and residence permit, I can start my studies in my desired university without attending the first semester in Hochschule Darmstadt.

My question is
      can I go to the city where my desired university is located and do city registration and residence permit to study directly there
      or
      do I have to finish a semester at the university to which I applied for the visa and change uni afterward?

admin
      Keymaster

hi ,

normally students can change uni if they are in germany and dont have to wait for 1 semester. for legal suggestion , you may need to talk to lawyer. Embassy normally wont allow this.

Syna

I have been accepted to a German university and showed that admission to German embassy at the time of interview and the enrollment deadline of the mentioned university is 31 August. I want to know if I do not enroll for this university, will I still get a visa? In that case i have other admission and i can enroll for other university.

jen

I have a similar issue here.

I had recently received a direct admission from Uni Hamburg and had already enroll myself. However, I had previously applied for national visa with a conditional acceptance letter from another University in Thüringen including a 2 weeks language course for DSH examination preparation. I was suppose to depart to Germany for the language course yesterday but my visa is not issued, hence I quit the language course (because no point paying if I am unable to attend right?).

I phoned the embassy telling them my situation but they told me I should reprocess my visa again because my purpose of stay is different (since there isnt any language course involve and I am also changing University). May I know if this is really necessary? Will if be getting any issues when entering to germany or when extending my visa? Since there are no more appointments left for visa application until October, if I were to reprocess it, i wouldnt be able to make it for winter semester.

admin
        Keymaster

hi unfortunately they are right.
        if you had a visa for just language it cannot be changed to D type automatically you have to apply for a new correct visa type! and it costs you time!

D.

Brother I have applied my visa for uni A. But I don’t want to study there. Later I got addmission letter from my desired university B. After that I I admitted in university B. But in visa it show that I should submit enrollment letter of uni A along with passport for visa stamping. But I already enrolled in uni B. So what should I do????

Please help me regarding this

Shreyashi Chakravarty

Hi, So I’m facing a similar situation right now. I received my admit from Universität Zu Köln in August and immediately enrolled and started classes online because I didn’t have any other available options. A while later I received admission in a similar but better course from University of Saarland in summer term. But I have submitted my visa application and will be receiving my visa soon. So I was hoping to know if I can go to Germany with the same visa and update my stamp in the Ausland office based in Saarland.

Hamza

Aoa What’s the procedure of changing university after arriving in Germany? If someone has got admission in Small city and wanted to go in big city university?

admin
        Keymaster

if you have a valid admission letter then just enroll in the unviersit. as long as you are s tudent you should have a vald reason to have a resiedence permit.

(we arent lawyers , so take info on your own risk)

Ashish

Hello, i am having this situation. i am invited to take an written test in germany munich, by TUM.and if i pass the exam i ll get admission. what kind of Visa should i apply. and i have also applied to other universities. so if i get admission to other universities after this visa process, can i change my visa from germany? or should i come to india again and apply a new visa?.. pleaase help

Ilayda

Hello,

I got accepted from the TUM CS master program and applied for a visa for this place. In this process, I am waiting for acceptance from TU Berlin and if I get accepted, I want to go there. However, my visa appointment date is very close and it seems that TU Berlin will not be certain during this time. In this case, if I want to study at TU Berlin after receiving my visa according to the city of Munich, would it be sufficient for me to register with TU Berlin and talk to the university after receiving the acceptance to change my visa and blue card? Or what procedure should I follow? Thank you

admin
        Keymaster

normally change of university is allowed if you have a valid admission from another university

blue card is not offered to students.

Paul

Hello, I received a visa for a language preparatory program in Uni A, specifically DSH Course, that once I’ve completed, I’ll be entitled to enroll in their bachelor’s program. However, I also received an admission to Uni B for a DSH Course under their uni after receiving the visa. I want to study at Uni B. Do I just go, enroll at Uni B, and inform the Auslandsbehörde? Would appreciate the advice! Regards, Paul

Devika

Currently am an enrolled student in a university in Frankfurt and have a valid visa here but i got admission from another university from Berlin, which has a better ranking. How can u change my visa and should i need a blocked account again as I already have a German bank account?

admin
        Keymaster

You should contact the local auslanderbehorde in berlin for chanign your visa as long as you have a valid registration in the uni

Viewing 43 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.