Very Short Student Visa Interview

Home Forums Visa related Issue’s and Problems Very Short Student Visa Interview

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Khan

Hi There,
      Yesterday, i appeared for student visa interview at German embassy Islamabad, there was young polite lady, she was very frank and kept on smiling all the time even she cracked one or two jokes as well, i was asked few question like who motivated you, course and the dates, cgpa, family members (my brother on student visa (since 2010) and my sister on family reunion visa (since 2013) are always there in germany) and who is financing your studies.
      Admin, i want to know what are the visa prospects as i was not expecting such short interview??
      Do presence of my sister and brother have any affect on my visa application ??

admin
      Keymaster

Dear khan ,

This is not a job interview where they well ask technical questions. I think the visa officer asked all the things she needed necessary for the visa application. Regardless , everything is already written all the stuff in the application already. It is just a formality , where they actually want to meet the prospective visa applicant and write their comments.

About your brother and sister. No it should not have any effect on your visa application.

I wish you all the best. And dont forget to inform us about the outcome of your application

Regards
      Admin @ Germanystudy.net

Khan

I am very tensed about the visa.
      as for as her behavior is concerned she was very friendly and frank.
      InshAllah, sure

citizen pakistani

hi khan and admin,

i want to call my wife on family reunion visa but problem is my brother-in.law got visa few days ago from that same embassy but my wife and my brother-in-law have slight mismatch in their,s father names on documents.will embassy counter check with other applicants,if yes then what should we do?

admin
        Keymaster

Hi ,
        I dont think it will matter. But sometimes the embassies do strange stuff and might create problems.
        But personally i think that should be okay. Generally her visa would be tied to you and not your brother

regards
        Admin

Khan

Would you mention that miss match in detail ?? as i had scenario like this, mismatching of name on documents and passports.

citizen pakistani

khan plz can you mention which mismatch you had in your documents.

citizen pakistani

i give you example like when my father-in-law born in 1985 his father,s name was written Muhammad Amin and after 2 year when my wife born in 1987 her father,s name was written Amin Hussain,
      both are using same names on all documents.

But your case is different from me you said you have mismatch on passport and other documents but in my case name is same on all documents.but little different on siblings birth certificate

A U KHAN

Hi Admin,

My visa for study in Germany has been refused and among the four reasons for refusal two i have mentioned below, first please explain this to me, though i have mentioned that the course is of two years duration, and second while a making an appeal regarding their decision what should be needed with.

1) your benefits can be submitted to appear the impression dab you can not complete in the specified time Dafur your studies.
      2) A preparation for your studies in Germany is not recognizable.

please guide.

Regards
      khan

admin
        Keymaster

Hi Khan ,

Sorry to hear about your refusal.

1) What were your grades in previous degree? did you had any delay in receiving and completing your degree?
        They generally give that reason by knowing your profile and if there are longer delays , such reason

2) Did they ask you about your course? and what are your study plans? how are you going to finish it etc?

This reason is when , they ask you about the course and you have not much idea about it!.

Regards
        Admin

Bobby

HI Admin,
      I am an IT Professional, with more than eight years of professional experience. I got married in Aug 2013, my wife went to Germany for higher studies on student visa. Now I want to go Germany on her student visa (as a family reunion process) I have also completed A1 German language course. I have little confusion and require your kind assistance regarding below mentioned points.
      1. Am I eligible to go on her visa? (as she is there on student visa)
      2. What will be financial requirements for me?
      3. What king of verification will be happen regarding my documents? As it’s written on consulate website that 30,000 will charged for documents verification.
      4. How many hours I can work there?
      5. Shall I apply for any white collar job there?
      6. Being on her visa, Am I eligible to apply for admission in German university for master’s program.

admin
        Keymaster

Hello Bobby ,

1) Yes you can go on a dependent spouse visa
        2) 8000 Euro Blocked account/ year
        3) Marriage certificate / Nikah etc
        4) You cannot work on a dependent visa either employed or freelancer
        5) see 4) , you cannot work on a dependent visa , UNLESS: your spouse has a work visa or Blue Card
        6) I think you can apply for Studies , but you have to change your status to Student then (Not entirely sure about this one though , if you intend to come to germany for study , they will ask you to apply for student visa instead)

Regards
        Admin

Bobby

She is allowed to work for 240 full days and 120 half days. As per my understanding being on depended visa I can work for 240 & 120 days. If I cannot work there what are the other ways to fulfill my daily expenses…

What will the best for me to go Germany either on dependent visa or student visa ?

I an IT professional… how can I apply for blue card or IT Green Card?

admin
        Keymaster

No You wont be able to work on the the spouse visa. Your partner has to work , or you need to bring your own money from your home.

If you go on student visa , you will be able to work the same time as your spouse.

To apply for a blue card

1) German university graduate
        2) work contract for a minimum of 39K Euro’s

You can also apply for 6 months Job search visa (if they accept your previous degree).

regards

Seid

Hi Admin,

when submitted all my student visa application, the embassy gave me written paper with some questions and filled and returned it back to them immediately. Now I have the following questions.

1. I am waiting for my visa application outcome. so could this be a kind of interview or am I to expect for another interview?

2. In the written paper one question was about inteded address of residence. At that time I just applied for dormitory services to studerenwerk and thus answered as ” will be arranged by university of Stuttgart dormitory services ” and I attached the email letter from studerenwerk which is with tenant number and states they have accepted my application & would be processed soon. At that time I didn’t have address of housing residence though recently the studerenwrrk have emailed me full information of the residence .could this lead my application to rejection?If so, what should I do?

3. Now its exactly 3 weeks since I have submited my application & I am afraid coz my admission letter states that enrollment starts from mid September? How long does my application take?

4 . I saw most of the threads here & u said that student visas are issued in the German Federal states & not in the embassy missions? and this contradicts with the information here

Seid

Hi Admin,

when submitted all my student visa application, the embassy gave me written paper with some questions and filled and returned it back to them immediately. Now I have the following questions.

1. I am waiting for my visa application outcome. so could this be a kind of interview or am I to expect for another interview?

2. In the written paper one question was about inteded address of residence. At that time I just applied for dormitory services to studerenwerk and thus answered as ” will be arranged by university of Stuttgart dormitory services ” and I attached the email letter from studerenwerk which is with tenant number and states they have accepted my application & would be processed soon. At that time I didn’t have address of housing residence though recently the studerenwrrk have emailed me full information of the residence .could this lead my application to rejection?If so, what should I do?

3. Now its exactly 3 weeks since I have submited my application & I am afraid coz my admission letter states that enrollment starts from mid September? How long does my application take?

4 . I saw most of the threads here & u said that student visas are issued in the German Federal states & not in the embassy missions? and this contradicts with the information here http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/EN/Einreise…

admin
      Keymaster

Dear Seid,

What type of questions were they?

1) in most cases one interview is enough but incase they missed something imp they will call you for another interview.

2) That is not important. you can just write the city name or studentenwerk of the city. proof of residence isnt required in advance for most cases.

3)Visa processing takes 1-4 months. So hang tight.

4) Visa is processed by many authorities. The first place of contact is the German embassy where you give your initial application. It goes through the Local auslanderbehorde of the city you wish to go , the State where you applied , federal offices like internal and foreign ministry and security checkups.

Until there isnt a Green signal from those places the embassy wont issue you a visa. The final visa is obviously issued by the German embassy where you applied.

Seid

Dear Admin,

thanks a lot and I appreciate your help.

1. They were general questions like information about me ,about why I choose the program,my plan after the program,intended residence address.

Is this like whats called Interview?

another is your guide to filling German visa form have raised some concern on my application

I put tick marks on my choices instead of striking out the choices not applicable to me….. their form created confusion on me.
      Its for the whole entries of the form….. plz help me if this could be problem to my application? and what should I do?

looking forward !

Seid.

admin
        Keymaster

Heya ,

The interview is like normal , one the person from the embassy asks you questions and you have to answer. Same questions as you answered.

regarding form , The tick and stricking out is not important. What matters is if you have writtten something wrong , for example , you wrote you age wrong , or if they ask if you have been convicted etc and you said no , while you had been convicted. Stuff like this is important.

Once you submit your application , there is nothing you can do about it. if there have been something seriously wrong , they would have sent you rejection with in a week. Once they accept your application and it takes a while processing so it means , work is going on it.

You just have to wait.

Regards
        Admin

Seid

Hi Admin,

thanks dear and I am a bit relieved now.

In the application form No. 17 asks ” Do you intend to maintain your permanent residence outside of Germany? if so where? ”

Does this have serious implications when choosing ‘No’ ?

I just said No coz I misunderstood it to
      “Maintain permanent residence other than my home country ”

Regards,
      Seid.

Seid

Hi Admin,

thanks dear and I am a bit relieved now.

In the application form No. 17 asks ” Do you intend to maintain your permanent residence outside of Germany? if so where? ”

Does this have serious implications when choosing ‘No’ ?

I just said No coz I misunderstood it to
      “Maintain permanent residence other than my home country ”

the long term application form is general one. would u mind to explain which entries of the form are important for student visa.

Regards,
      Seid.

Khan

Hi Admin,
      I applied for German study Visa. I have a scholarship. On my passport in my father’s name there is addition of “khan” but on my educational documents there is no “khan”. Now, I am really worried about it. Will this be a problem?

admin
        Keymaster

Hello Khan ,

Generally your name is important , but regardless please make the correction asap. you never know if a problem can arise!

Cheers

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.