PhD projects biological sciences, neurosciences, biochemistry, biophysics, biotechnology at International Max Planck Research School
Protein Structure & Protein Folding
Circuit Neuroscience & Neurodegeneration
Computational & Systems Biology
Gene Regulation & DNA Biology
Signaling & Immunology
Biophysics & Multiscale Imaging
The PhD program provides comprehensive scientific training in a superb and vibrant research environment with state-of-the-art facilities. Doctoral students are fully integrated in international teams of scientists providing ample access to expertise and support in an interdisciplinary setting.
Laboratory work is supplemented by seminars, summer schools, elective courses, career development training and participation in national or international conferences.
Munich, as one of the leading German research areas in life sciences, offers a unique mixture of academic and urban lifestyle spiced with Bavarian tradition.
Highly qualifi ed candidates with a deep commitment to basic research are invited to apply.
Applicants should hold an MSc (or equivalent degree) with a strong background in biological sciences, neurosciences, biochemistry, biophysics, biotechnology or a related discipline.
Outstanding candidates with a BSc degree (or equivalent degree) are welcome to apply for the fast track option.
Successful candidates will be supported with a generous PhD fellowship covering living expenses and tuition.
Closing date for application is January 05, 2016; selection will be completed by March 15. Accepted candidates may start research projects as early as April 2016 and no later than October 2016.
For more information and online application please visit our website: www.imprs-ls.de
- Excellent career opportunities in a competitive research environment
- Structured PhD program organized by Munich-based Max Planck Institutes and Universities
- State-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge research projects
- Individualized supervision and mentoring
- International setting – PhD program taught in English
- Full funding provided for international and German students
We are looking for:
- Talented, creative and enthusiastic doctoral students from all over the world with a strong passion for basic science