Scientific Employee – High performance computing. Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf = Germany
The ZIM is the central service provider of the Heinrich Heine University (HHU). It is a service and competence center for all aspects of digital information supply and processing of digital communication and the use of digital media.
The ZIM operates a high-performance cluster for scientific calculations that can be used by all research institutions as institutions of the University. In addition to the pure operation of IT hardware ZIM also offers an extensive and comprehensive support of users through the ZIM of the means of access through assistance in modeling to participation in the development of customized software for the HPC system.
In high-performance range, the Heinrich-Heine University has one of the largest shared memory cluster in Germany, which is to be substantially expanded in the next year. For access to data during the calculation, but also for the storage of large amounts of data is a powerful Global Parallel File- system.
To monitor the cluster and the user applications the self-developed program <myJam /> is used, which is further developed in the context of development partnerships. In addition, the HPC team works actively contribute to the development of tools “Observium”.
In HPC team, another researcher and several academic and student assistants are involved.
The / the jobholder / in particular has the following tasks:
- Advice and assistance to users
- Performance analysis and optimization of parallel and big data applications
- Implementation of hardware and software components
- Operation of the cluster including parallel storage, monitoring, performance, availability analysis and accounting
- Algorithm and methods development for cluster management, in particular with regard to energy and performance aspects
- Method development for high performance computing, particularly in the field of life sciences
- Participation in the strategic planning and development of the HPC system of HHU
- Cooperation with institutions and international partners
- University degree in a technical or Mathematics and natural sciences
- Technical expertise in the field of HPC architectures -Softwaretechnologien and the Monitoring
- Very good Linux administration skills
- Very good programming skills and good knowledge of shell and scripting languages
- Good networking skills and knowledge of Infiniband
- Are desirable experience in programming and use of high-performance computers and tools for performance analysis and performance tuning of parallel applications
- Knowledge of web programming and databases to the development of <myJAM />
- They have a high degree of autonomy, commitment, flexibility and team spirit
- They have a results-oriented work style, a high degree of organizational ability and a structured way of working
- Willingness to work scientifically and to use in teaching
The grouping is done depending on the presence of personal requirements to salary group 13 TV-L. In the presence of the civil service conditions an acquisition is in the civil service to Bes.Gr. A 13 BBesO id F. of NRW ÜBesG possible.
The employment is generally also part-time possible, unless there are compelling official reasons in individual cases.
The Heinrich-Heine-University Dusseldorf is committed to increasing the proportion of women. Applications from women are therefore given preference if equally qualified, competence and professional performance, unless located in an individual male candidate predominate reasons. The application of qualified disabled persons and assimilated people with disabilities within the meaning of SGB IX is desired.
As a contact / in for inquiries about job profile please contact the director of the CIM, Mr. Hans-Dieter Weckmann (+ 49-211-81- 13900, email@example.com ) available.
Please send your resume with the usual documents stating the reference number 19 T 16 – 3.1 until 06.21.2016 to:
Centre for Information and
at the Heinrich Heine University in Dusseldorf
attn Weckmann, 40204 Dusseldorf