Is it practical to study in Germany without knowing German?

Home Forums General Help Is it practical to study in Germany without knowing German?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Yinon Hever

Hello,

I plan to start studying a business degree in Berlin in the summer of 2020. Right now I don’t know a single word in the German language, though I intend to take a course or two in German before those studies start.

I understand that public tuition-free courses are basically all taught in German. So given the said circumstances, would it be practical for me to study a free public course? Are the study books all in German as well, or can you buy books in English? Do you have to write tests, essays and homework in German?

Thanks

admin
      Keymaster

Hi Yinon,
      Well since your degree is in more about buisness it would be offcourse practical to start learning german already and take more courses once you are here. It will give you a quick start.

There are people who had come to study in germany with zero german but then you have to take courses and it takes more time and life is a little hard.

you need to ask professors sometimes , even if the course was in german they can arrange an englisch exam but not always.

Hope it helps.

Cheers
      Admin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.