Queries regarding VISA application

Home Forums Visa related Issue’s and Problems Queries regarding VISA application

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      answer seeker
      Participant

Hi

I am from India and have been admitted to a Masters course in Germany, starting in winter. I am planning to apply for the VISA in probably a few weeks time. I have some queries regarding the application, which are as follows:

(a) Should I take the travel insurance before applying for a VISA? Or later?
      (b) I read in one of the forums that a repetition of the Masters degree was a reason for rejection. Infact, I already have a Masters but that is in a totally different field of study than this one. Any idea if there will be any chance of VISA rejection because of this?
      (c) I went for a German course almost 8 to 9 years back and got a certificate. Will it be an advantage to include this in the application, even though it is not recent?
      (d) I have already studied and lived in a foreign country for a considerable number of years. Will this be a deterrent for the VISA, even though I want to come back to India after I finish this course and I have strong ties in India?
      (e) What is the minimum TOEFL score that they look for? TOEFL was not required for my admission and have just given my TOEFL exam.

Looking forward to your reply.

admin
      Keymaster

Hi
      Sorry for the delay. I was a bit busy. :-)

a) some embassies/ consulates require it before hand along with the application some ask for it later on. verify it with your concerned embassy or consulate
      b) Well , if you can satisfy the visa officer with a reason to pursue why you want to do a new master , they wont create a problem. they will stress that you apply for a phd degree
      c) Is it a A1 , A2 etc? If yes , it is beneficial. But you can still show it to them
      d) It is always a plus if you have lived and studies etc somewhere else other then your main country. positive points.
      e) I am not sure about Tofel , but for IELTS embassy etc wants 6 over all bands if your course is going to be in english

answer seeker
      Participant

Dear Admin

Thanks for your reply.

admin
        Keymaster

You are most welcome :-)

Muhammad Nawaz

I have 5.5 in listing and overall 6.00 is it cause a problem in embessay

admin
        Keymaster

overall 6 is required. No problem

answer seeker
      Participant

Hi Admin

Thanks for your previous replies. I have another question. I have opened a blocked account and transferred funds that will take care of my living expenses in Germany. I will be attaching this with the application. For my tuition expenses, should I provide any document along with the VISA application? If so, is it fine to show them evidence of funds in my bank account – say FD or savings or other savings in this regard? Is this mandatory? or Should we provide this only if the consulate asks for the same? If so, what form should the document take?

Thanks in advance Admin

admin
      Keymaster

Hi ,

Generally you dont have to , but if you have fee’s you do have to show them some evidance. You should contact the embassy/ consulate regarding this.

Regards
      Admin

answer seeker
      Participant

Dear Admin

Hope you are doing well.

On an average, how long does the German consulate in India take to process and inform the applicant of the outcome of the student VISA application?

And,are VISAs rejected in anyway if an applicant is above a particular age or so, say for example above the age of 30?

Any guidelines on how they usually evaluate motivation or intention to study?

Thanks

admin
        Keymaster

Hi answer seeker,

On average the duration is between 4-8 weeks. And no age does not matter.

Generally , they dont want you to just go and earn money , you should convince the embassy that this course is good for you and your country also.
        They dont want you to settle there in germany generally so , they also ask you about the plan after finishing study.

If you have already got a Masters degree and have re-applied for another degree ,they will say why dont you go for a PhD ..

I hope it helps.

Regards
        Admin

answer seeker
      Participant

Thanks admin

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi

Dear admin,

I am from pakistan. I have got admission in university a month ago.. Now i want to start my visa process, i just need to know do i have enough time to complete the whole process in time? i have got appointment on 26/06/2014 in German consulate for opening the bank account..how many days it will take to open a bank account and do i take appointment from embassy in advance without having a account number?

Thanks

admin
        Keymaster

Dear Alister,

1) You have enough time for visa if things go well
        2) It takes from 3-7 days to open a bank account
        3) you can take appointment at the embassy without the account number , but make sure you have the required blocked amount in your account while you go for interview
        4) I think it is enough time if your course is starting in october. Also if things are getting late , you can ask your course co-ordinator/ university to give you an extension letter until you can register at the university. I think until 20 september generally you can register with the university. Please confirm it with your university.

Best regards
        Admin

Anonymous
      Inactive

Dear admin,

Another query for you..i have taken appointment on 22/08/2014 for interview in German embassy for study visa.my course will start from 01 October. is there any chance to get visa?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Dear if you provide me answers regarding my issues in time so i take decision to go for interview or not because i have no time to waste..i will be very grateful to you..

Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Dear Admin

Thank you for giving me hope..

Bye

admin
        Keymaster

You are welcome , please feel to submit your queries , if you need any help. Also , it would be great to share the website with other friends etc too.

Regards
        Admin

answer seeker
      Participant

Dear Admin

It has been almost 8 weeks since my interview and I have not heard anything from the embassy yet. Can I contact them for trying to get to know the status or do you suggest I should wait for some more time.

Thanks

admin
        Keymaster

Hi ,

the average duration of the visa processing is 1-4 months. I suggest you wait a little more.

all the best
        Admin

AP

I have received a “Invitation and Letter of Acceptance” from KIT Germany for my PhD. It also mentions about my employment as scientist (with E13 salary) during my course. Is it sufficient for initiating the visa application? Or, do I have to ask for any other documents pertaining to my funding from the university?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.