Academic / -n employee / -in – KIT – Germany
The Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC) is the Information Technology Center of KIT. In addition to the tasks of a modern IT service center for science, the SCC conducts its own research and development. On behalf of the State of Baden-Württemberg, the SCC maintains a research high performance computer for a nationwide user community. In addition, it ensures the high performance computing basic supply of Baden-Württemberg universities. For the international high energy physics community that SCC operates with GridKa a Tier 1 data center
(14 PB Disk, 16 PB occupies Tape, 9604 cores with cast. 28 TB main memory) for storing, processing and archiving of
data from the LHC.
We are looking for the SCC in the department systems and servers (SYS) as soon as possible limited to two years in the salary group 13 TV-L, a / a
Academic / -n employee / -in
of / will work as a system architect / -in in the systems and servers department.
Your main tasks:
- Planning, implementation and further development of technical operating concepts for central IT services to the SCC for the KIT provides, inter alia, in the areas of:
- Storage and data management
- Participation in the operation of the corresponding SCC system infrastructures
All tasks require extensive conceptual work, intensive communication with the universities and institutions participating in the project as well as reporting in meetings and conferences.
We offer work in a powerful team with the latest technology in an innovative environment, comprehensive opportunity for further including the possibility of promotion as well as reconciliation of work and family.
- University degree (Uni / TH) in the field of computer sciences, natural sciences, engineering or mathematics and possibly a promotion.
- High interest is its own, but also in the team, according to the wide range of tasks, continuously develop
- System and operating experience, including in virtualization technologies
- Good knowledge of operating system (eg Linux)
- Experiences with various scripting languages (such as PowerShell, PHP, Perl)
- Experience in projects and project work in the IT environment
- Very good English skills
We also expect a high degree of initiative, teamwork and creativity.
KIT is on the professional equality of women and men. We are therefore particularly on the applications from women. Severely disabled applicants / -Innen be given priority if they meet the qualifications.
Please send your detailed application please until 10.4.2015 at theKarlsruhe Institute of Technology, South Campus, Steinbuch Centre for Computing, Mr. Klaus Scheibenberger, Kaiserstraße 12, D-76128 Karlsruhe. Technical information may be obtained will be happy to Mr. Klaus Scheibenberger, Tel .: 0721 / 608-42066.
For more information, please visit: www.kit.edu
National Laboratory of the Helmholtz Association