Electrical Engineer R&D (m/f) (Electronics) – Sorin Germany
What inspires your heart?
We are inspired by innovative medical technology. Powered by passion and innovation, we develop, manufacture and market our products in more than 80 countries. SORIN GROUP is one of the market leaders in this sector. Our products such as heart-lung machines, autotransfusion devices, implantable defibrillators and valves meet the highest demands of our customers. With more than 3,900 employees worldwide, we introduce new industry and technology standards.
In order to strengthen our R&D team in Munich we are looking for an:
Electrical Engineer R&D (m/f)
- Successful development of medical devices in compliance with all regulatory requirements like FDA Quality System Regulations, Medical Device Directive and ISO 13485, and under consideration of risk management and usability principles, as a member of interdisciplinary, partly multinational teams
- Development of mixed digital and analog circuits, such as sensor signal acquisition, design solutions for motor and control circuits, ensuring compliance to electrical safety standards as well as EMC regulations
- Development of the low-level firmware layer on the Hardware board design, based on the selected microcontroller solution
- Creation of plans for component, sub-assembly, and system verification and validation as well as their execution, final evaluation and documentation
- Perform product safety tests according to IEC60601-1 and EMC tests with external laboratories
- Creation of professional, auditable development documentations
- Co-operation and management of external development partners
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics (Dipl.-Ing., M.Sc. or similar)
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the development of complex products or systems, preferably in the field of medical technology, thus familiar with IEC 60601 requirements
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers and DSP processors. Good working skills on communication protocols, especially CAN bus, including RS-485, SPI, etc.
- Proficient in the use of Mentor PADS schematic capture, SPICE-based simulation tools, as well as experience with technical computing & modeling tools like MathLAB/Simulink
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience in technical project management
- Organizational skills, independent, goal-oriented team player
- Very good knowledge of English and German
- Strong communication and presentation skills
At SORIN GROUP, our products help people all over the world live better day by day. If you are looking to make a widespread impact in a unique industry with a company that cares, ‘wake up your talent’ and apply today! We are looking forward to receiving your application including your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date on the SORIN website http://careers.sorin.com !