International Student studying remotely at home country – Rent Contract Question

Home Forums General Help International Student studying remotely at home country – Rent Contract Question

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jesus

Hello,

I will soon be back in my home country studying online for my courses at a German university (since I was notified next semester all courses will be online). I have a 1-year rental contract in Germany, expiring in September. If I cancel my rental contract and have no address in Germany, will this cause an issue with my enrollment at the German university, or with the status of my residence permit?

admin
      Keymaster

what kind of resident permit do you have?

Normally, if you live more than 6 months outside germany, your residence permits automatically gets invalid.
      If there are exceptional circumstances, please ask your auslanderbehorde for an extension so that you can come back to germany.

Jesus

I’m not sure what the type is. I guess long-term permit? It expires a few months after my program expires, in 2022. I also left Germany for 7 months last time due to the pandemic, and there had been no issues with the permit (at least when I got back into the EU nobody said anything).

admin
        Keymaster

normally it doesnt matter what is written on your permit as expiry. Hope it doesnt creat problems for you

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.