Joint Graduate Program – Germany – 6 PhD scholarships (Economics, Sociology or other Social Sciences)
6 Doctoral Scholarships
with a duration of up to 4 years, beginning
October 1st, 2018
The Institute for Employment Research (IAB) and the School of Business and Economics of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (FAU) offer a joint doctoral programme in labour market research (GradAB) which prepares graduates for a career in academics and in policy consulting. IAB and FAU jointly constitute one of the most important hubs for labour market research in Germany and provide optimal conditions for more than 200 labour market researchers from different disciplines to conduct high-quality academic research.
- The Graduate Center GradAB offers a three-year programme of high-level training in labour market research which can be extended for another year under certain conditions.
- Doctoral students benefit from a professional research and policy-consulting environment in one of the key institutions advising high-ranking social policymakers.
- The course programme provides training on labour market research, methods, and data at an advanced level and is held in English.
- The GradAB works closely together with its partners from a large network of renowned national and international universities, research and policy institutions.
- The scholarship offers financial support of 1,350 € / month. In addition, funding is available for participation in scientific conferences and further training.
- Scholarship holders are granted access to the IAB‘s unique data resources on employment and social security (administrative and survey data).
We invite applications from outstanding graduates in
the fields of Economics, Sociology or other Social Sciences
who hold a master‘s degree and have a strong interest in
labour market research.
For further information on the programme,
admission requirements, and the application
process, please see our website