Network Service Engineer (m/f) – Frankfurt
Network Service Engineer (m/f)Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world’s leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 40 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies
- 2nd and 3rd level troubleshooting, using tools and utilities to resolve system/network performance and related system/network issues.
- Drive continuous service and tool improvement working closely with the Service Delivery Team to insure the best quality of service to our customers.
- Product Development Lifecycle Engagements
- Perform RCA and RMA actions as part of the Major Incident Team
- Interface between Operational excellence team and NOC – Service Engineering in a distributed EMEA team.
- Monitor and review network performance, reliability and security.
- Troubleshooting of Network issues, Supporting NOC – Service Engineering team and Customers.
- Identify operational issues and suggest design alterations to address these issues.
- Schedule network maintenances and upgrades when appropriate.
- This position will participate in on call rotation to support network incident resolution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in the field ofNetworking
- Multi-Vendor knowledge in Infinera, Ciena and ECI required, Juniper, Cisco desirable
- Deep knowledge of Optical Transport Network, Routing, Redundancy and Transport Protocols like OTU, DWDM, SDH, OSPF, BGP, VRRP, MPLS, Ethernet
- Applied expert knowledge of LAN, WAN, internet technologies
- Fluent German and English in speaking and writing is required
- Must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently, work under deadlines, maintain budget, and be able to produce under a mission critical environment.
- Project planning and management skills, including ability to identify and assess risks
- Flexibility and team spirit
What we offer
- Computer & Network Security
- Information Technology and Services