Postdoctoral Researcher in Bioinformatics – IGZ –
The Leibniz-Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops (IGZ) aims for excellence in horticultural research and related plant, environmental and social sciences. IGZ is based in Großbeeren close to Berlin and is a member of the Leibniz Association (WGL). IGZ conducts strategic and international research for the sustainable production and use of vegetables, contributing to food security, human well-being and the conservation of natural resources. At IGZ, researchers from different disciplines work together on core-funded and grant-funded projects, in collaboration with national and international research partners.
Our group is interested to understand the molecular mechanisms of temperature perception in plants. This knowledge will help us to contribute to the breeding of climate resilient crops.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious
Postdoctoral Researcher in Bioinformatics (f,m,d)
Employment will be initially for three years.
The salary will be based on qualification and research experience according to the wage agreement TV-L, salary domain east, up to EG 13.
You will be a team player, interested in the application of bioinformatics to advance fundamental questions in plant biology.
- analysis of large-scale next generation sequencing datasets to understand gene expression (RNA-seq) and transcription factor binding networks (ChIP-seq)
- creation of analysis pipelines and databases for datasets
- original research tasks investigating genomics of stress tolerance in model and crop plants and regulatory network analysis
- working with other team members to analyze and investigate experimental datasets
We are looking for candidates with
- a PhD in biology and/or bioinformatics
- a firm background computational analysis of biological datasets
- good skills in a range of relevant programming languages such as R and Perl
- good proficiency in English (both oral and written)
- an inspiring and dynamic research environment, including state-of-the art research facilities
- extensive supervision and an exciting project of considerable fundamental and applied relevance
- a place of employment located close to the city of Berlin
Please send a motivation letter stating why this is an interesting topic for you as well as your CV, names of two references, qualifications and indicate your earliest possible starting date.
Contact: Prof. Philip Wigge (+49(0)33701 78 411; email@example.com). Further information can also be found in recent publications from our lab (e.g Jung et al. (2016) Science 354:886, Ezer et al. (2017) Nature Plants 3:17087 and Biswas et al. (2017) Nature Communications 8: 15309).
The IGZ is an equal opportunity employer. Handicapped people with equal qualifications will be employed preferentially. The IGZ wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic background.
Please send your application citing the reference number by 13th of October 2019 to: Personalbüro, Institute for Vegetable and Ornamental Crops, Theodor-Echtermeyer-Weg 1, D-14979 Großbeeren or online in pdf-format to firstname.lastname@example.org.