Research assistant /Research Associate (m/f/d) Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Professorship for Electrical Measurement Technology
At the Helmut Schmidt University / University of the Federal Armed Forces Hamburg (HSU / UniBw H), Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Professorship for Electrical Measurement Technology (Mr. Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Scholl), the position of a / one
(salary group 13 TVöD; 39 hours per week)
to be filled for a limited period of 3 years.
The wireless networking of industrial production and business processes is an indispensable prerequisite for the further efficient flexibilization of manufacturing processes and a decisive component for the generation of new digital services. New solutions in the sense of Industry 4.0 and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) also create an increasing demand for suitable radio-based and distributed communication systems. The decisive criterion for use is, among other things, reliable compliance with safety (functional safety) and (cyber) security functionalities. With a connection of wireless sensors and actuators to a 5G-Ultra Reliable Low Latency Communications Campus network, cloud-based time-critical safety applications are to be implemented and checked for their industrialization. With the focus on 5th generation mobile communications technology (5G), the necessary measurement and communication technology must be developed for this.
- Conception and development of a system architecture in cooperation with a cross-professorial team and industrial partners
- Participation in the realization of demonstrators and prototypes for a digital 2-cloud platform in high-availability wireless networks, especially with regard to 5G and with special consideration of the hard real-time conditions and the simultaneous operation of energy self-sufficient sensors
- Activities to ensure the robustness and coexistence of wireless communication and the development of application-specific safety and security mechanisms
- Evaluation and, if necessary, further development of suitable measurement methods to ensure the interoperability, functionality and quality of 5G
- Participation in teaching to the extent of 3.0 trimester hours per week
- Completion of administrative work of a general nature and academic activities in academic self-government
- A completed scientific university degree [diploma (univ.) or master] in the fields of electrical engineering / information technology, computer science engineering or general engineering
- Confident command of German and English, both spoken and written
- First professional experience in measurement and communication technology
- Good knowledge of at least one of the following areas:
- measuring technology
- communication technology
- high frequency technology
- Security in the field of embedded systems
- Willingness to pursue further academic qualifications (e.g. doctorate or habilitation)
- Good communication skills
What matters to you:
- capital accumulation benefits
- annual bonus
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- HVV-ProfiTicket (job ticket) with employer subsidy if the necessary requirements are met
- You benefit from targeted personnel development and a comprehensive range of further education and training opportunities.
- Inexpensive catering option in the campus canteen with three meals a day
- You have the opportunity to take part in company health measures (further information can be found at: www.hsu-hh.de/bgm/ ).
- Free parking on campus
- Possibility to use the Bundeswehr’s own car sharing service (further information can be found at: www.bwcarsharing.de )
Information on technical questions can be obtained from Univ.‑Prof. Dr.-Ing. Scholl, Tel.: 040/6541-3341 or by email: email@example.com .
The employment relationship is based on the provisions of the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD) in conjunction with the Science Time Contract Act (WissZeitVG). The activities generally correspond to pay group 13. The actual classification, however, depends on the fulfillment of the relevant collective agreement and personal requirements.
Part-time employment is possible.
Applications from women are strongly encouraged. Women will be given preference in areas in which they are underrepresented if they have the same suitability, qualifications and professional performance, unless reasons relating to the person of a competitor prevail.
We expressly welcome applications from severely disabled people and disabled people of equal status. Severely disabled people and their equivalent will be given preferential consideration if they have the same suitability, qualifications and professional performance. Only a minimum level of physical fitness is required of them. With regard to the fulfillment of further tendering requirements, an individual consideration is made. You can find more information about the university and the project at:
Please send your application with the usual documents exclusively in electronic form (PDF file), stating reference number ET-1023 , by April 20, 2023 to :
Information on data protection in the context of the application process can be found on the website www.hsu-hh.de under the heading “University – Careers – Data protection information”.
If you do not provide the reference number, your application cannot be considered and will be deleted immediately for data protection reasons.