Science@Leuven Scholarships for International Students For Masters Degree
Science@Leuven Scholarships for International Students
Last updated: 23 Oct 2014 | OPENS 1 NOV 2014
K.U. Leuven Faculty of Science
Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 31 January (annual)
Study in: Belgium
Next course starts September 2015
The Science@Leuven Scholarships are for motivated and talented international students who are interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgium
Field of study:
Eligible International Mater Programme under the Faculty of Science at K.U. Leuven:
• Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
• Master of Biology
• Master of Biophysics, Biochemistry and Biotechnology
• Master of Chemistry
• Master of Geography
• Master of Mathematics
• Master of Physics
• Master of Statistics
• Interuniversity Master of Geology
Number of Awards:
The amount of the scholarship can be up to 8,000 Euro for 1 year. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
Applicants must meet and prove the following requirements:
• the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
• the applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
• the applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD,
• the applicants can prove having had excellent study results during their former training,
• the applicants can prove a very strong knowledge of English,
• the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven
• the applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
2015-2016 Registration will start 1 November 2014.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS. Applicants have to apply for the Master programme of their choice through the application form of the KU Leuven. The applicants note in the application form that they want to apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship. After having completed the application form of the official KU Leuven application page, applicants register through the website of the scholarship.
Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before the 31st of January will be considered for the scholarship.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://wet.kuleuven.be/english/scienceatleuvenscholarship