SELECTION OF DOCTORAL STUDENTS/PH.D CAND. FOR ACADEMIC WORK – EU
SELECTION OF DOCTORAL STUDENTS/PH.D CAND. FOR ACADEMIC WORK
Transport and Telecommunication Institute (TTI) in the frame of European Social Fund project “Strengthening Transport and Telecommunication Institute Academic Staff in the Areas of Strategic Specialisation” (No 18.104.22.168/18/A/011) is announcing the second round of the selection of foreign academic personnel for the academic year 2019/2020 in the following fields of study:
“Mechanics and metalworking, heat energy, heat engineering and mechanical engineering”;
“Management, administration and real estate management” – due to the implementation of the new professional Master’s study program “Aviation Management””.
Application deadline: August 31, 2019
Main requirements for applicants:
- a person has relevant experience in educational field;
- a person has good cooperation experience with academic, scientific, professional institutions and/or enterprises in Latvia and/or abroad;
- a person has experience in academic and research projects (as an advantage);
- a person has relevant research capacity;
- a person has experience in supervision of students’ research papers/thesis (as an advantage);
- a person has good English skills and ability to use language skills in teaching process and methodological work, if person is applying for study courses in the master programme “Aviation management” (only in English);
- a person would like to continue academic work in TTI after the end of the support in the frame of the project.
Applicants are expected to meet the following evaluation criteria.
Financial terms and contract:
Remuneration to within the scope of the project according to work load, but not exceeding gross 1,000 euro per month for the part – time (50 % work load) (including employee Social Security Taxes, excluding employer Social Security taxes). TTI will provide a temporary employment contract of not less than 12 months with possibility to continue cooperation in the academic field after the end of the project. TTI will provide a flexible working schedule and possible involvement in international research and innovation projects.
The TTI orientation activities for doctoral students/Ph.D cand. will be implemented by representatives of the relevant department, faculty and the International Relations Coordinator.
Place of Employment and Place of Work: Lomonosova street 1, Riga, Latvia.
Required Documents according to the Call Regulation:
- application form (Annex 1 of the Regulation);
- CV (in English, preferably in Europass format), including Language passport, information about Academic or teaching experience, research activities and publication during last 5 years, other information necessary according to application’s assessment criteria;
- course description for every applied course (Annex 2 of the Regulation);
- copy/ies of diploma testifying previous education;
- statement of education institution regarding status of doctoral student or Ph.D cand;
- other documents (optional) testifying to the skills, knowledge and capacity of the applicant.
Documents has to be sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. In case application is submitted in paper version documents has to be sent to the address – Transport and Telecommunication Institute, Lomonosova iela 1, Riga, LV-1019, Latvia, room No 301. The envelope should content the notice “Application of doctoral student/Ph.D cand. for open competition selection, 2nd round” and name of the Applicant.
More information about the announcement is here:
Annex 1 “Application Form for Selection Procedure”;
Annex 2 “Description of the Study Course/Syllabus”;
Annex 3 “Applicant’s Evaluation Sheet”.
Based on the Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC, Transport and Telecommunication Institute informs that the personal data indicated in the application document will be processed in order to ensure the conduct of this selection process and the above-mentioned personal data processing controller is Transport and Telecommunication Institute.
Transport and Telecommunication Institute (TTI)
TTI is a modern university with the almost centennial history.
In the present-day appearance TTI was established in 1999. In TTI students can get higher professional education in 3 faculties (Computer Science and Telecommunication, Management and Economics, Transport and Logistics) of first and second levels, bachelor and master degrees, prepare and defend a doctoral dissertation.
TTI is conducting the diversified research scientific work. According to the results of expert evaluation Transport and Telecommunication Institute is the only one among private colleges included in the list of leading scientific institutions, acting in Latvia.
Total amount of institute graduates – more than 7500. Current number of students – about 3000. Learn more about TTI at http://www.tsi.lv/en.
Learn more about the ESF project here
Please apply online here