45 SCHOLARSHIPS FOR DOCTORAL CANDIDATES – The Graduate School Of Economics – Mannheim 2018
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS –
45 SCHOLARSHIPS FOR DOCTORAL CANDIDATES
The Graduate School of Economic and Social Sciences (GESS) at the University of Mannheim offers excellent opportunities for highly motivated students with a quantitative orientation to pursue their doctoral degree in Business, Economics and the Social Sciences.
Highly qualified graduates are welcome to apply for the full-time PhD Programs starting in September 2018. Up to 45 scholarships will be offered to the best applicants.
Within our three Doctoral Centers we offer 11 PhD Programs:
Profit from an internationally recognized teaching and training concept, and lay the foundations to become an independent researcher. Our focus is on empirical and quantitative methods and their application to Business, Economics, and Social Sciences. Conduct research in a unique environment across all 11 program disciplines. Our courses are taught by over 150 respected faculty members and enhanced by excellent libraries and resources.
- Learn in English – All PhD Programs delivered in English
- Benefit from generous monthly scholarships
- Engage with internationally recognized professors
- Exchange ideas and gain new insights from research stays with partner universities worldwide
- Take advantage of dedicated office space in a brand-new building
- Enjoy use of your own personal new laptop complete with the latest software
- Profit from our skills courses such as teaching, academic writing and presenting
- Boost your career options with dedicated job market training
- No tuition fees – government funded first-class education
How to apply:
Apply via our online application portal which will be open from early November 2017.
1. Master’s degree (research oriented) or excellent Bachelor’s degree in the respective field
2. Letter of motivation explaining why you want to join one of our programs
3. Two letters of recommendation from university professors
4. Test scores Business Program: GMAT or GRE (preferably GMAT)
Economics Program: GRE
Social Sciences Program: TOEFL
5. Writing sample (e.g. a paper you have written during your studies)
Application Deadline: March 31, 2018.
If you would like to be considered for early offers, please complete and submit your application by January 15, 2018 for the program in Economics or January 31, 2018 for the programs in Business and Social Sciences. Applications from candidates that are not accepted in the early round will be reconsidered with all other applications after the March 31 deadline.
Please visit our website for full details about the programs and admission requirements.
Graduate School of Economic & Social Sciences
B 6, 30-32 – 68131 Mannheim