Academic employee – Computer Science , Uni Konstanz
Academic Associate /
(Salary group 13 TV-L)
limited to occupy for 2 years.The place is always divisible.An extension is sought.
Participation in research projects in the group multimedia signal processing is provided in the following DFG research project:
– Power Bike: Model-based optimal control for cycling
The work includes mathematical modeling and simulation of performance in cycling, numerical optimization of driving strategies in competition, and their empirical validation in the laboratory and in the field.This complex algorithms are able to design and implement on mobile devices.Data acquisition, fusion and pre-processing of raw data and interactive visualization and interpretation of results are included.The Power Bike Project is an interdisciplinary approach to sport scientists and sports scientists at the University of Konstanz.In dealing with the problems of creativity, independence and commitment is expected.Expertise and in-depth practical experience in applied mathematics and scientific computing are required.
- Completed university degree or doctoral degree in mathematics, computer science or computer science specialist with strong implications
- Outstanding competence in scientific computing and programming algorithms
- Interest in and aptitude for interdisciplinary collaboration
- Independent and goal-oriented work
- Results should be documented and presented independently and confidently in English.
- Knowledge / experience in mathematical modeling and empirical studies
- Advanced programming skills in C / C ++ in large software projects
- Practical experiences with the signal processing of sensor data
- Interest in sports science research in the laboratory and in the field
- Advanced knowledge in computer science and applied mathematics
People with a severe disability will meet the qualifications set priority (tel the Severely Disabled Persons: +49 (0) 7531 / 88-4016 and 88-2834).
The University is committed to the elimination of drawbacks that exist for researchers in the field of higher education.It aims to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching.
The University of Konstanz offers a dual career in the program. Information, please visit: http://www.familie.uni-konstanz.de/dual-career/ .
For more information, please visit: http://cms.uni-konstanz.de/informatik/saupe/ .
Your application with the usual documents please send by quoting the reference number 2015/058 until April 30, 2015 in electronic form to Prof. Dr. Dietmar Saupe, E-mail: email@example.com .