Data Science in HLMOLTZ – Hamburg Phd’s 2020
Interdisciplinary PhD Positions in Data Science at the Interface of Natural Sciences and Computer Science / Applied Mathematics
Data Science in Hamburg – Helmholtz Graduate School for the Structure of Matter (DASHH) is an interdisciplinary graduate school that offers challenging PhD topics at the interface of the natural sciences, applied mathematics and computer science. DASHH involves several universities and renowned research institutions in the multifaceted city of Hamburg, Germany.
DASHH is looking for excellent and highly qualified PhD candidates,
interested to work on data-driven research projects in physics, chemistry, applied mathematics, engineering, computer science or structural biology.
- Interdisciplinary research in the natural sciences and computer science or applied mathematics
- Research at world-leading large-scale research facilities (PETRA III, FLASH, European XFEL, LHC)
- Numerous attractive, interdisciplinary thesis topics
- Excellent working conditions at an international, vibrant and inspiring research campus
- Close supervision and support by a panel of established professors and scientists
- Training in transferable skills and career development
- Work contract at the level of the German TV-L13 (100%) salary scheme for 3 years
Requirements: We are looking for highly motivated students with an excellent academic background in natural sciences, engineering, computer science or applied mathematics. The candidates should bring an exceptional interest to work on highly interdisciplinary topics, should be team-oriented and have a strong background in programming. For more information, see: https://www.dashh.org