Post-doctoral researcher in Materials Engineering or Chemistry – BAM germany
To strengthen our team in the department “Hazardous goods tanks and accident mechanics” in Berlin-Steglitz, we are looking for a / n
Post-doctoral researcher in
Materials Engineering or Chemistry
Fee group 14 TVöD
Temporary contract until 31 August 2021
Full-time / Part-time
suitable The Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing is a federal technical authority based in Berlin. As departmental research institute of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy, we research, examine and advise on the protection of people, the environment and property. The focus of our activities in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry is on the technical safety of products and processes.
Join our team of dedicated employees!
- Conducting research projects on topics related to the resistance of metallic and polymeric materials under the influence of dangerous goods in cooperation with other departments of BAM
- Assessment of the durability of tank and container materials for the ‘Dangerous Goods Database (DGG)’ and the ‘BAM List – Requirements for Tanks for the Transport of Dangerous Goods’
- Assessment of the resistance of tank and gas cylinder materials and gas cylinder valve materials during approval
- Evaluation of the durability of packaging materials
- Advice to the industry (freight forwarders, tank construction companies) and authorities in the selection of materials and the durability evaluation of materials
- completed university studies (diploma / master) in materials engineering or chemistry with doctorate
- Experience in the field of corrosion (damage) of materials in connection with the safety assessment of components (tanks)
- Knowledge and experience in the application for research projects and third-party funds
- fluent command of the German and English language in spoken and written
- very good presentation and publication skills
- Commitment and independent and conscientious way of working
- team-oriented working style with good communication behavior
- interdisciplinary research at the interface to politics, economy and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutions and industrial companies
- excellent facilities and infrastructure
- equal opportunity
Application by e-mail is welcome. Please send them by November 9, 2018 , quoting the code number 175 / 18-3.2 : email@example.com . Please enclose your detailed application documents in the form of a summarized file in PDF format (maximum 20 MB). Alternatively, you can send your application by post to the following address:
Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (BAM)
Unit Z.3 – Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
We would like to point out that the application documents sent by you are stored and processed solely for the purpose of the selection process. After completion of the selection process, the documents will be deleted in compliance with the data protection regulations.
If you have any questions about this position, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Weltschev by calling (030) 8104-3959 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
BAM pursues the goal of professional equality between women and men. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women. Recognized severely disabled people are given preference for the same suitability.