reasearch assistant for research project on innovative seed technology – Cologne – 20/11/2018
scientific * n employee for research project on innovative seed technology
Code 0908W / 18
The doctorate with a cooperating university is planned.
As part of the research project for 3D sowing, you independently carry out scientific research on the development of resource-optimized seed technology with sensor-based 3D seed and fertilizer placement and prepare a dissertation for this purpose. They are responsible for the coordination of the groups involved and take over the financial and time controlling of the project. Furthermore, you act as the contact person for the project executing agency and prepare interim reports as well as further documentation. The supervision of students during exercises, internships and project and final work rounds off your area of responsibility in addition to working in the university self-administration of the institute.
- You have successfully completed a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Agricultural Science, Agricultural Informatics or a comparable field and are seeking a PhD.
- Ideally, you have first work experience in the field of development / construction in agricultural machinery manufacturing.
- They have a good knowledge of crop production, especially in maize, and have a sound knowledge of agricultural machinery electronics and ISOBUS systems.
- You are familiar with measurement technology, data analysis and the design of control systems.
- Ideally, you have experience with a programming language for process modeling, such as: B. MATLAB, Simulink or similar.
- They use the common MS Office programs safely in everyday working life.
- You are fluent in German and fluent in English.
- They are characterized by their independent, reliable and careful way of working as well as communication strength.
- You benefit from our regular continuing education and training.
- You have the option to purchase a VRS corporate ticket.
- They take part in the supplementary pension scheme of the Federal and State Pension Fund (VBL).
- They are remunerated according to the salary group 13 collective agreement of the countries (TV-L).
Applications from women are strongly encouraged. They are given preference for the same suitability, aptitude and professional performance according to the provisions of the Landesgleichstellungsgesetz NRW. Handicapped and equivalent applicants are also given preferential treatment.
Postal applications please send to the President of the TH Cologne, Sarah Radke, Team 9.3, Gustav-Heinemann-Ufer 54, 50968 Cologne. Please note that your documents will not be returned. For questions on the application process, please contact Ms. Radke on +49 (0) 221-8275-5156. Visit our homepage at www.th-koeln.de/stellen .