Research Assistant (w / m) Physics – Julich – Germany 2018
The Peter Grünberg Institute (PGI) is dedicated to basic research in the field of new physical concepts and materials in information technology and related fields. In addition, it provides a state-of-the-art platform for the development of process technologies, devices and innovative nanoelectronic material systems.
Reinforce our focus area quantum materials as
Research Assistant (w / m) Physics
- Collaboration in our focus area quantum materials: frustrated quantum magnetism, strongly correlated and topological quantum materials
- Identification of emergent quasiparticles and fractionalized excitations using a combination of macroscopic measurements and polarized neutron scattering in close collaboration with our field office at the Heinz Maier-Leibnitz Center in Garching
- Instrument responsibility for our PPMS and MPMS (SQUID) devices for measuring physical properties (magnetization, susceptibility, specific heat, transport)
- Support users on these devices
- Co-supervision of master’s and doctoral theses
- very good university degree in physics with PhD in solid state physics
- Experience with measuring methods for the determination of physical properties
- good command of English and the ability to write scientific publications
- a structured and systematic goal-oriented way of working
- Enjoyment of experimenting
- Ability for cooperative cooperation
- Knowledge of scattering methods (X-ray and neutron scattering) is an advantage
- challenging and varied scientific work in an international team
- Independent work on state-of-the-art facilities for measuring physical properties up to low temperatures in the mK range and magnetic fields of up to 14 T as well as incorporation into many sophisticated characterization methods
- Development of functional materials for future quantum computers
- Promote professional development by participating in national and international conferences
- international, interdisciplinary working environment on an attractive research campus, conveniently located in the city triangle Cologne-Dusseldorf-Aachen
- extensive training offer
- Attractive flexitime and a variety of offers to reconcile work and family
- an initially limited to 3 years with the possibility of a longer-term perspective
- the possibility of full-time part-time employment
- Remuneration and benefits according to the collective agreement of the public service (TVöD-Bund)
Forschungszentrum Jülich wants to employ more people in this field. We are therefore particularly interested in the application of women.
Applications of people with disabilities are welcome.
We look forward to receiving your application, if possible via our online application system , by April 13, 2018, quoting the reference number 2018-071 .
Tel .: 02461 61-9700