Scientific Employee for Optical Component Metrology (m/f) in Aalen – Germany
Shape the future of sight. ZEISS has joined forces with Deutsche Telekom AG to develop and market tomorrow‘s smart glasses technology. ZEISS optics and Telekom‘s network technology will make data glasses easy to use and wear in the future.
Scientific Employee for Optical Component Metrology (m/f) in Aalen
- help develop new optics for near-to-eye smart glasses
- develop and implement process measuring technology for the production of highly complex plastic freeform surfaces
- support an interdisciplinary team of developers in component metrology; derive and present the conclusions
- develop and/or advance algorithms for evaluating freeform surfaces
- evaluate extensive measuring parameters related to relevant key parameters and the correlation of geometrical measuring data with optical image performance
- a degree in mathematics or physics, and ideally a PhD
- at least 3 years of experience in optical and tactile surface measuring technology
- in-depth knowledge of optical, numerical mathematics, approximation and minimization
- a sound knowledge of Matlab or equivalent tools, and of software development (.NET and C#)
- basic computer engineering skills would be an advantage
- a very good command of German and English
- the ability to structure complex, interrelated issues and creatively and quickly solve them
Tooz technologies – a joint venture of Deutsche Telekom AG and Carl Zeiss AG – develops technologies and applications for data glasses. In this legally independent joint venture of the two companies, technology and application development has been pooled in Aalen.
Thrive on innovation and deliver exciting solutions in a fast-paced work environment at this venture. We offer you the possibility to contribute in building great technology and in delivering an exciting user experience! Join us and be part of an open and inspiring culture together with excellent colleagues!
tooz technologies GmbH
phone: +49 7364 20 4673