SCIENTIST IN THE FIELD OF RF- AND MICROWAVE CIRCUITS
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Solid State Physics IAF is one of the leading research facilities worldwide in the field of III-V semiconductors. We develop electronic and optoelectronic devices based on modern micro- and nanostructures. Our technologies find applications in areas such as security, energy, communication, health, and mobility.
As a scientist in our RF-Electronics team you will be engaged in the development, layout, design and characterization of RF-circuits for frequencies from 0.5 GHz up to over 300 GHz, to be applied in systems for sensors as well as in communication and aerospace.
What we expect from you
- Master’s degree in Electrical or Communications Engineering (PhD would be advantageous)
- Experience in the development of RF-circuits, preferably in the field of integrated circuits
- Experience in the acquisition of third-party funding (desirable)
- Scientific curiosity, ability to work independently and in a cooperative environment
- Good command of English, both verbal and written
What you can expect from us
- Excellent working conditions and infrastructure
- An extraordinary level of granted independence and broad access to our scientific equipment
- The opportunity to benefit from our further training and professional development programs
- A family-friendly workplace
In case of identical qualifications, preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is committed to providing equal career opportunities for men and women.
The advertised position is available for an initial term of three years.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Please submit your electronic application, including a motivation letter, a complete CV, your graduation documents along with other certificates and any letters of recommendation by clicking the below “Apply” button.
|Job Reference: IAF-2015-21||Closing Date:|