PhD student / Researcher in Resilient Energy System – Universitaet Bremen
Researchers * interior /
PhD student * inside
(50% salary group 13 TV-L)
for three years with the possibility of extension.
What are the energy systems of the future? How can we ensure security of supply even under extreme conditions and under great uncertainty? How to set this environment and affordability safe? The young art Resilient Energy Systems, funded under the Excellence Initiative of the federal and state governments, deals with these issues in the context of the analysis and design of energy systems. The focus is on resilience and vulnerability of these systems, dealing with uncertainty and lack of knowledge and the interaction of energy and environmental technologies. Other priorities include the modeling of material flows, innovation and technology analysis and technology assessment.
Your responsibilities With the aim of promotion you work independently on research tasks. They work in close cooperation with different actors and scientists * *, who are active within the framework of the energy transition and try to develop options and success factors for sustainable and resilient energy systems and test.
Concrete steps are technical, economic and socio-technical analysis of energy systems, modeling and simulation of energy systems on different scales, determination and testing of resilienten system design, analysis of innovation systems and derivation of design strategies and environmental and socio-technical impact assessment.
The work carried out under the PhD positions can optionally be geared more theoretical-conceptual or practical. The supplement to project-related work, even third-party funding and a corresponding increase in the places provided.
- Above-average university degree in science or engineering (z. B. Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Related Fields)
- Experience in the field of modeling and simulation of energy systems
- Experience in the field of technology assessment and technology assessment
Positively evaluated are also
- Theoretical knowledge of resilience and innovation systems, particularly in the field of energy
- Practical experience in planning and construction of renewable energy plants and energy systems
- Experience with project management or equivalent qualification
What we offer:
Current and socially relevant research topics, a family-friendly, likeable, interdisciplinary team, international partners, employees in the construction of a new center of gravity “Energy Systems” at the University of Bremen and a close cooperation with companies from the energy industry.
What we expect:
commitment, communication skills, teamwork, self-employment in the elaboration of technical and scientific issues, creativity and fun on the figures of the energy turnaround.
- The University of Bremen intends to increase the proportion of women in science, and therefore calls on women explicitly to apply.
- Severely disabled applicants / candidates is given with essentially identical technical and personal suitability of precedence.
- Applications from people with a migrant background are welcome
If we have aroused your interest, please send your application with the usual documents quoting the reference number A202 / 15 until 04/11/2015 to:
Prof. Dr. Stefan Gößling-Reisemann
FB4 / Artec
FG Resilient Energy Systems
or email: Daniela Adameit
Questions will be answered by calling
0421-218-64884 or e-mail at email@example.com