Electrical Engineer as System Architect (Power Supply) – Thales Group
In this role you are responsible for all generic power supply architectures and designs of Thales Transportation Systems’ (TTS) product portfolio.
- You support during the bid phase incl. the creation of tender documentation, clarification of scope and solution
- You create the system architectures incl. feasibility studies
- You specify the system architecture for power supply incl. lifetime care and approvals
- You closely follow the market related to power supply (new technologies, materials)
- Your closely collaborate with both the design authority for power supply and architects in all TTS units
- You support the design authorities and product line managers across the TTS units to define products and product enhancement with the objective to meet the customer requirements while streamlining our portfolio and bringing innovation into our products
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Experience with UPS systems, battery installations, emergency power systems, power electronic components (rectifiers, DC/DC converters, inverters), earthing systems for electrical installation for trains/interlockings, lightning protection for indoor and outdoor installations
- Knowledge of the relevant VDE norms (or IEC/EN) like VDE 0100 part 410 and 600, VDE 0831 and VDE 0510
- Knowledge of different network types and their application especially for IT networks and earth fault detection systems
- Preferable experience in safety critical transportation environment incl. the approval process
- Knowledge of corresponding standards (AREMA, CENELEC)
- Excellent communicator and negotiator
- Interesting and diversified tasks in a multinational environment.
- Individual further education and development at our Thales University. For a career suiting you.
- Attractive income and interesting benefits.
- A motivated team looking forward to you.
We ensure completely equal opportunities for all applicants.