Free study for non EU citizens

Home Forums General Help Free study for non EU citizens

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Confused

Good morning everybody.

I am trying to get some information together about studying in Germany.

After looking on a few sites I know I need to get a residency visa, banking account, accommodation and insurance.
      But it also mentions being able to financially support myself. And having a certain amount of cash in the bank account.
      However I have not found any exact figure for that amount. I do plan on working for the allowed 240 part time days for the year. But i will still need to have the finances in an account to be allowed in.

Secondly, and I feel silly asking this, are all classes in German. I wonder about that because they are offering free studies to non German citizens. I have no problem learning the language, as I would like to eventually become a German citizen, however learning a language while still studying full time in a language I don’t understand could be a little bit of a hassle.

That is all I can think of right now. Thank you for any help you guys can offer.

Confused

OK so I managed to find some more info. There are set courses that are conducted in English. That issues is now resolved.

The proof of financial support part I am a little confused on. Is this the “Blocked Account” that is popping up.
      And if so, is the value I am required to transfer 8700 Euros.

The follow up questions I now have are:

Is this figure per person, if my fiance and I go over together is the amount required just double the 8700.
      And is there a different figure required if we go over after we are married.

Thank you again for any help.

admin
      Keymaster

8700 is for one person. you need double that amount if you are with fiance

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.