Research Associate/PhD Student (Biology) • TU Dresden • Dresden – 27.11.2018
Read Time:3 Minute, 8 Second
Research Associate/PhD Student (Biology) • TU Dresden • Dresden
|Time Span||as soon as possible for 3 years|
|Application Deadline||27 Nov 2018|
|Type of Position||PhD – Individual Supervisor|
|Field of Research||Mathematics / Natural Sciences|
|Description||At the TU Dresden, Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden the Junior Research Group “Pancreatic ß-cell Biology and Regeneration” (Dr. Nikolay Ninov) is, subject to resources being available, looking for a highly motivated and talented|
Research Associate/PhD student
(subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
The position is available starting as soon as possible and entails 50% – 65% of the fulltime weekly hours. We offer a contract for three years with the possibility of extension. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contract Act (Wissenschaftzeitvertragsgesetz – WissZeitVG).
The goal of Nikolay Ninov’s research is to understand the regeneration and function of the insulin producing beta-cells in order to develop innovative cures for diabetes. We use the zebrafish as a model organism to study beta-cells. The zebrafish is ideal to observe the behavior of beta-cells in their endogenous environment using live imaging. To do so, we have developed new tools to visualize beta-cell function and proliferation while performing genetic and lineage-tracing analysis (see Janjuha et al., 2018a; Singh et al., 2018, Janjuha et al., 2018b; Alfar et al., 2017; Spanjaard et al. 2018). These new tools have pushed the resolution of beta-cell behavior studies to the single-cell level, which is essential to understand how these cells develop, function and regenerate.
Currently, we are focusing on the following projects:
1) To identify systemic and local signals that regulate beta-cell function in vivo.
2) To define the role of the immune system in beta-cell biology, aging and regeneration
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Your application as one single pdf document should include:
1. Cover letter, indicating current and future research interests and career goals;
2. Description of research experience and accomplishments, including summary of previous research done during your master thesis (max. 2 pages);
3. List of publications, if applicable;
3. CV, including copies of degree certificates and transcript of grades (i.e. the official list of coursework including your grades);
4. Two letters of recommendation or contact information for two references, including current supervisor.
Please submit your application by 27.11.2018 (stamped arrival date applies) preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org or to TU Dresden, CRTD, Dr. Nikolay Ninov, Fetscherstr. 105, 01307 Dresden. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection:
Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https: //tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis
We aim at attracting the best talent in the respective research fields and expect the following:
– an outstanding university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Biology
– experience in cell biology and molecular/biochemical methods
– ability to work in an international team
– inter- and multidisciplinary thinking
– high motivation
– an integrative and cooperative personality with excellent communication and social skills
– fluency in English – written and oral.
|Language of Dissertation||EnglishGerman|
|Required Documents||CVReports, certificatesTranscriptsLetter of MotivationList of PublicationOthers : Two letters of recommendation or contact information for two references, including current supervisor|