Student assistant for the creation of a database – Franhofer LBF
The Fraunhofer Institute for Structural Durability and System Reliability LBF in Darmstadt works with industry and research on a national and international level in a leading position. The research tasks of the institute are based on specific issues in the field of operational stability, system reliability, adaptronics and plastics.
Immediately look for the department ” components and systems “, in the area of durability, for the location kranichstein, a student assistant for the creation of a database .
The Assemblies and Systems department at Fraunhofer LBF deals with the simulation, testing and evaluation of components, assemblies and complete systems, mainly from the automotive sector, including the implementation of fatigue tests and durability tests of wheels and wheel hubs of commercial vehicles and cars. In the future, the management of the tires as well as certain project data, measurement and calculation results will take place in a database. We are now looking for a student assistant for the creation of the database and the implementation of specific calculations and data evaluations.
Which tasks you set yourself
- Requirements analysis: From existing documents (reports) and conversations with colleagues, you put together the objects and attributes that are to be recorded in the database. This also includes the inputs and evaluations that are to be made with the data later.
- Database design: On the basis of the requirements analysis and with the help of common models (ER model, relational data model) you create the concept for the database structure.
- Implementation: You implement your database design with PostgreSQL and pgAdmin and enable access via Python. The required architecture (server etc.) is made available.
- Frontend: Design and implement a suitable user interface with Python for searching, reading out and entering new data records. The implementation of further data evaluations, calculations and visualizations with Python Plotly and Dash is also planned.
- Documentation: You document essential work steps, source code and the use of the database on a regular basis and finally present your results.
- Degree in computer science or comparable
- Good knowledge of database systems, database design, SQL and database queries
- Knowledge of setting up web servers and developing web interfaces
- Knowledge of German and English
- Responsible and independent work
What to expect
- practical work in a team of scientists and students
- a pleasant working atmosphere and opportunities to contribute your own ideas and develop skills
The remuneration is based on the general works agreement on the employment of auxiliary staff.
The position is initially limited to 6 months. However, we strive for a long-term cooperation.
The monthly working time is 40 hours.
People with disabilities are given preference if equally qualified.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft attaches great importance to gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is the largest organization for application-oriented research in Europe. Our research fields are based on people’s needs: health, safety, communication, mobility, energy and the environment. We are creative, we design technology, we design products, we improve processes, we open up new avenues.
Your application only has a chance if it is formulated in a particularly meaningful way – please send us all the content of your work, your certificates (last transcript of records and job references) and a written cover letter in which you also note when you would be able to join. Please send us your application documents exclusively online using the link below. In the best case scenario, we will soon get to know each other personally!
If you have
any questions about this position, please contact: Dipl.-Ing. Christiane Schäfer
Phone: +49 6151 705-466
- Type of employment
- Working student
- Period of employment
- By arrangement
- Application link
Company contact details
- Company name
- Fraunhofer Institute for Structural Durability and System Reliability LBF
- Bartningstrasse 47
- 64289 Darmstadt, Germany
- contact person
- Ms. Dipl.-Ing. Christiane Schäfer