Research Associate (m / f / d) – Data Science / Machine Learning
We offer 59 Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs at the Hagen, Iserlohn, Meschede, Soest and Lüdenscheid locations – also part-time and together with educational partners at other locations. With around 13,000 students, we are one of the largest universities of applied sciences in NRW. Excellent teaching in a personal working atmosphere and manageable groups creates good professional prospects for our graduates. Research and development are important to us and are regional, national and international. We enjoy a high reputation in teaching and research.
The professional school south looking to 01/02/2020 for the employees in the Department of Engineering and Economics at Meschede an / a
(m / f / d)
– Data Science / Machine Learning –
You have the opportunity to implement your own ideas through application-oriented research on future-oriented topics. The Department of Engineering and Economics is networked in the industrial and academic environment and has modern rooms and laboratories. You work in an interdisciplinary team in which the latest machine learning approaches are to be applied to current problems in large industrial companies and further developed. Your work will be closely monitored both professionally and organizationally.
- Participation in a third-party funded project for the acquisition of complex relationships in text corpora using modern data mining processes
- Analysis, evaluation and further development of modern deep learning methods with regard to their applicability within the project
- Research and development in the field of machine learning; Modeling, testing and evaluation of ML models for use in the field of natural language processing
- Publication of the findings at renowned conferences
- Research in the above-mentioned fields and incorporation of the learned knowledge directly into the industrial project
- Integration of the models in an existing software environment to predict developments
- Implementation of interfaces for connecting the data analytics modules into the overall system
- Successfully completed university studies (master or university diploma) in the field of computer science, mathematics, physics or a comparable degree
- in-depth knowledge of Python and associated data analysis / machine learning libraries (scikit, pandas etc.)
- Sound knowledge in the area of machine learning for training, testing and evaluating complex ML models
- Knowledge of TensorFlow, PyTorch or similar are beneficial
- Knowledge of language processing / natural language processing is desirable
- Teamwork and willingness to cooperate
The full-time employment relationship is established according to the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L) and is to be filled for a limited period until December 31, 2022. In principle, the position can also be filled part-time. Any further qualification of the job holder (m / f / d) as part of a doctorate is supported.
Information is given by Prof. Dr. Kopinski (Tel .: 0291 / 9910-4638).
Applications from women are expressly encouraged and will be given priority in accordance with the NRW State Equal Opportunities Act, with the same suitability, qualifications and professional performance, unless the reasons for a competitor are predominant. Applications for suitable severely disabled and peers in the sense of Section 2 (3) Part 1 SGB IX are also welcome.