Software developer in the field of aerospace – Terma – Germany 2018
Terma Group is a high-tech company developing innovative products and systems for defense, civil and aerospace applications. The fields of work cover control and monitoring systems, radar systems, self-defense systems for aircraft and ships, space technology and aircraft structures.
Terma is headquartered in Aarhus, Denmark, with offices in the Netherlands, Germany, France, United Kingdom, the United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the United States.
The aerospace business contributes custom software and hardware products and services to support a range of groundbreaking European space missions. Terma is responsible for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems as well as services for numerous current and future European and international missions.
Terma Space operates in Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany and the United Kingdom.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for talented software developers who have expertise in the relevant technologies, who are motivated and who want to become part of our development team in Darmstadt, Germany.
As part of our ground segment development group in Darmstadt, you will work on various space systems, such as control and monitoring systems, automation systems or simulators. You become part of a team of software engineers with a wealth of experience who are passionate about their work, creating an excellent work and learning environment. In addition, you will be involved in various projects and work with our end users, such as the European Space Agency (ESA).
- Software design and development;
- Research new software technologies and methods for potential use, with prototyping as needed;
- Software implementation in accordance with modern, professional software engineering standards and methods;
- Development of unit and component tests;
- On-time delivery and quality requirements appropriate delivery of software;
Additional tasks can be:
- Analysis of user requirements and specification of software requirements;
- Design of software architecture;
- Conducting tests;
- Completion of the documentation.
This is a full time job in our branch office in Darmstadt, Germany with immediate start.
What you should bring:
You have a degree in Computer Science or another relevant subject and you have experience in the areas listed below:
- Practical experience in development with Java / C ++;
- Object-oriented design and programming methods;
- Programming of client / server applications;
- Knowledge of Eclipse IDE, Eclipse RCP;
- Knowledge of Linux as a software developer;
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Subversion or Git;
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) for the documentation;
- Practical knowledge about the process of software development;
- Fluent English spoken and written skills are essential as all processes take place in English.
Ideally, you also understand principles of:
- Documentation creation for source code;
- Software modeling with UML;
- OSGi-based component frameworks such as Apache Felix, Apache Karaf;
- JavaFX and FXML;
- Message-oriented middleware technologies (JMS and corresponding implementations like Apache ActiveMQ);
- Relational databases (MySQL, Oracle) and SQL;
- XML, XPath, XSLT and related technologies;
- Software development processes and software life cycles;
- Agile / SCRUM development methodology;
- Qt Framework;
In addition, you should have the following properties:
- You work in an organized, systematic and disciplined manner, especially with regard to the application of technical standards and methods;
- You are enthusiastic, self-motivated, a team player and have the ability to work independently;
- You enjoy working in an international and multicultural team, where all work processes are in English.
- Aerospace is your absolute passion.
What Terma can offer you:
At Terma, we consider qualified people, enthusiasm and satisfaction as the foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of Terma’s “best” solutions. We are leaders in the application of new technologies, offer multiple growth opportunities for each individual and emphasize mutual respect in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment in which you can take on demanding tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
- Numerous training and development opportunities;
- Challenges in the advanced technical environment;
- International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere;
- Employment contract with an attractive package with additional services.
Have we sparked your interest?
Then apply directly through our homepage https://www.terma.com/careers/jobs/
If you have further questions, please contact our recruiter, Mrs. Raluca Moise, by phone [+49 6151 860050] or by email [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Please note that you must have all the necessary documents and permits to work in Europe.
Type of employment
Company and contact details
Mrs. Raluca Moise
+49 61 518600515
|Period of employment||
unlimited, from Thursday, November 1, 2018