Software Developer m/f : German First Super computer center , High-Performance Computing Center Stuttgart , 2018
For the development of cutting-edge solutions to federate and interconnect High Performance Computing Centers in Europe, we offer several vacant positions as
SOFTWARE-ENTWICKLER (M/W) / SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (M/F)
(RESEARCHER TV-L 13) HLRS_01_2018
in the European research project FORTISSIMO 2 (www.fortissimo-project.eu). The position also includes the possibility to pursue a doctoral degree (PhD), an opportunity explicitly supported by HLRS.
The applicant will become a member of the department „Service Management and Business Processes“ (SANE), working as part of an international team focusing on the interface between the supercomputers of European data centers and their customers. Specifically, the software developer will help to develop methods for optimized resource management which will be provided through a web-based portal designed to simplify access to supercomputers.
The SANE department combines research with agile management methods, meaning that teaching and student supervision are not parts of daily business.
- A university degree, ideally in the area of computer sciences or a related field
- Strong focus on proactivity, the ability to work in a team, and creativity
- Good programming skills in at least one high-level programming language such as Java, Python, or C++
- Good command of Linux-based environments
- Good language skills in English
IDEAL CANDIDATES ADDITIONALLY OFFER
- Conceptual thinking and a solution-oriented way of working
- Good knowledge in using programming and design tools
- Experience in defining software interfaces and their implementation
- Good understanding of service-oriented architectures (SOA)
- Basic knowledge in the supercomputing domain (simulations, parallel applications, or batch job management)
- A pleasant working atmosphere in a highly motivated team
- Training and courses to develop and improve personal skills
- A wide range of sports activities offered by the University of Stuttgart
- The social benefits of the public services
The duration of the employment is limited for the project. The contracts are restricted according to the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (WissZeitVG), although HLRS typically advocates for a contract extension.
You can apply to the position with a comprehensive application to the following addresses until 23.04.2018: Höchstleistungsrechenzentrum Stuttgart, c/o Agnes Lampke, Nobelstraße 19, 70569 Stuttgart or with an email with the reference number HLRS_01_2018 in the subject line and only PDF files as attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org